Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sorry, Its been a while.

I really don't have much to say today.  I guess that could be a reason why I haven't done much with this blog in a little while. Well I guess lately art has been my focus so today I will leave you with a simple,  yet brilliant piece. In my studio class we've been focusing on lines lately and I find the use of lines in this sketch to be very effective. As you can see, the crosshatching gets denser, the closer to the edge of the wall. The detail that I am particularly fond of in this piece (I guess it could be considered a lack of detail) would be how the farther away things get from the edge of the wall, the more the objects take on the qualities of a "gesture drawing" (for those of you non-art buffs out there, a gesture drawing is essentially a really really sketchy, non-detailed outline of an object that is as basic as possible while still retaining the essence of the object. So in this case, the bodies to the far right of the drawing could be considered gestures.) Anyways, now that I've gone super-art-nerd on your poor, unsuspecting brains, I'll shut up and let you appreciate it for yourself.


(Click for a larger view *recommended*)

Here's the link: Another rainy day...

Don't you sometimes feel like floating away with your umbrella when things get gloomy? I guess I'll leave you with that thought.

~Celerybear

*I do not own any rights to this picture. All rights belong to NegativeFeedback*

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete